This tutorial is a step-by-step instruction on how to generate a
Distribution Certificate (.CER) file on Apple provisioning portal in order to
build and submit your application from your account. You don't need a Mac to do
this. A computer with any of browsers will work.
NOTE: You must be enrolled into Apple iOS program at http://developer.apple.com/programs/ios
- Login using your dev account credentials on
http://developer.apple.com/ios. Go to "iOS Dev Center"
- On right side menu click on "iOS Dev Center"
- On right side menu click on "Certificates,Identifiers & Profiles"
- On left side menu click "Certificates" (or follow direct link
- On left side menu click on "All"
- Click on this button for add new.
- Choose "App Store and Ad Hoc" and click button "Continue".
- Next step click button "Continue".
CLICK HERE >>> to download "request.csr" certificate request file and
save it on your computer
NOTE: If you have a Mac, DO NOT generate a new .csr file. Use downloaded request.csr
- On Provisioning Portal click "Upload File" and upload "request.csr" you
downloaded in previous step
NOTE: depending on your browser, this button may be "Choose File" or something else.
- Select request.csr file you saved in previous step and click "Generate"
IMPORTANT: Refresh your browser window. Your certificate should be in Pending Approval state. Keep refreshing until you see an Approve button.
- Click on Download button
Keep refreshing browser window until you see a Download button
If everything was done right, you should have a file named distribution_identity.cer
saved on your computer. Please remember its location as you will need to
upload that file on the next page